Nice "peace activists" in the photos below huh?

Monday, May 29, 2017

Sacramento and Castro Valley on Memorial Day weekend

Vietnam War Memorial
For this Memorial Day weekend I decided to take a little trip out to Sacramento. I don't make it out to Sacramento all that often but when I do I always swing by the war memorials near the capital building. I love those memorials from both the stand point of what they represent and as public art.

California Veterans Memorial
So like I said there's some great stuff to look at around the capital building I hope you'll take the time to check it out if you ever happen to be around here.


Castro Valley Veterans Memorial
Unlike Sacramento which was hot and sunny this weekend Castro Valley along with the rest of the East Bay is quite the opposite. Which is unfortunate because a little sun and a breeze to make the flag wave a bit would have made this photo turn out better. That aside this single photo really doesn't do the Castro Valley Veterans Memorial justice or show it in it's entirety. It really is a beautiful work of art along with it's historical and symbolic significance. It's also fairly new, only 4 years old now as of today. It even pays tribute to the Coast Guard and Merchant Marines along with ofcourse the army, Navy, air force and marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment